World Book Day costume planning can be tricky. There are so many characters to choose from and yet finding the bits and pieces you need to put together the perfect costume can feel like a mammoth task. We're here to give you some ideas for brilliant costumes that both you and your children will love, inspired by our amazing social media followers on Facebook and Twitter. On World Book Day 2019, we asked our social media audiences to share their children's costumes with us and the response was fantastic. To pass on the enthusiasm, we're sharing a few of our favourites with you...
1. This hand-crafted Elmer
2. These adorable takes on Zog and Pearl
3. Go traditional with a fairy tale hero like this Jack and the Beanstalk
4. Dig out the Halloween costumes to style your kids as one of fiction's witches like this Grand High Witch from Roald Dahl's The Witches and the witch from Julia Donaldson's Room on the Broom
5. To pick a more recent children's favourite, the titular OAP from Grandpa's Great Escape is a fantastic choice
6. If you want to give your child some feline style, why not go for Toto the Ninja Cat?
7. A wacky wig is the main ingredient for this Marge in Charge costume
Frasier's extra special World Book Day outfit
One World Book Day costume that particularly stood out to us was Bedtime Story Competition 2017 winner, Frasier Cox, dressing as the main character from his own book! To make this task a little bit trickier, his mum asked him to dress as the illustration from a specific page of There's a Boy Just Like Me and we think he pulled it off very well.
We've loved looking at all the amazing World Book Day costumes that our Facebook followers shared with us. We hope these few give you some inspiration for future World Book Day costumes for your kids.