Last Updated: 25 May 2018
You can always change your preferences by changing your cookie usage settings. See Manage cookies for instructions.
Our cookies can be classified into the following 3 categories:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
These allow us to measure and improve performance providing you with a better user experience. Without these cookies the site may not perform or look as expected.
Advertising and Online marketing
These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties.
Some cookies are essential in order to shop at thebookpeople.co.uk and in the event you do reject cookies this may impair the functionality of the website.
Most web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari) are set to automatically accept cookies as the by default setting. If you don’t want to receive cookies or other tracking technologies, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. You can also delete cookies that have already been set. The "Help" function within your browser should tell you how.
If you use your browser settings to block or refuse all cookies (including essential cookies), this will affect your use of our site and you will lose some of the functionality including the ability to login and checkout.
Please also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about cookies and how to disable them.
About the cookies we use:
- The Book People
- These session cookies enable basic site behaviours such as navigation, session status, authentication, mini-basket information & affiliate conversion tracking.
- Rich Relevance
- Cookies from this tool drive our on-site marketing and promotional content. This tool uses anonymous personalisation for product recommendations.
You can opt out of product personalisation here: www.richrelevance.com/privacy/opt-out/
- This tool is used run our "Recommend a Friend" feature.
- Google Analytics
- These cookies enable us to analyse site usage enabling us to market to our customer more effectively, to estimate our audience size and to conduct research and diagnostics to improve our site.
- ContentSquare is a solution which aggregates usage and frequency data to allow us to analyse and improve user experience. Statistics created are anonymous. To be excluded from this monitoring please click here: Opt out
Advertising & Online marketing cookies:
- Google Adwords ( doubleclick)
- These cookies enable us to track the effectiveness of our advertising spend with the search engine Google.
- Bing Ads
- These cookies enable us to track the effectiveness of our advertising spend with the search engine Bing.
- These cookies enable us to track the effectiveness of our advertising spend with the search engines Google & Bing.
- These cookies enable us to track the effectiveness of our advertising spend within the Rakuten marketplace.
- Allows you to share your views on our products via social media.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be made in writing to the following address:Data Supervisor,
The Book People,
Alternatively, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org